And so it began....

I remember dancing in clubs thinking I was Beyoncé, never wanting the night to end and coming to the conclusion that the 4th tequila shot was a good idea after two bottles of wine earlier that evening.
Needless to say, at 24 years old, it was beginning to take approximately 4 days to recover from all of the above.
I realised I was getting older, but what I didn't realise was my body was going to go all Benjamin Button on me, only in reverse.

I'm now 34 years old and after 9 various operations, I will soon embark on a further 2, if I'm lucky.....4 if I'm not.
I haven't written a blog before, but I've been told it's an excellent remedy for the complex and troubled mind that only those with chronic pain will understand, and if it somehow connects to other chronic pain sufferers out there, that's a bonus.

My life is full of pain killers, muscle relaxants, ice packs and what's worse, I know I'm not alone in this horrid journey.

I first started having knee pain back in 2011 when I used to run. I've never quite understood treadmill runners, outdoor running was always the most exhilarating feeling, rain or shine.
Forrest Gump had the right idea, however a few years later I was on the operating table having a lateral release. This is a surgical procedure to release tight capsular structures on the outer aspect of the kneecap. Job done?

Nope.

The following year I was back to have my other knee done, same procedure. Turns out the pain wasn't from running, my genetics were just incredibly annoying. Job done?

Nope!

Unfortunately for me, the surgeon was having a rough day and ended up disturbing the tissue underneath known as 'the fatpad'. No really, that's it's actual name. Apparently science got bored of fancy names.
So once again the following year I was back on the operating table. Job done?

Nope *sigh*

18 months later, my hips would begin the plague me, and the twist, my hips have been at the wrong angle this whole time and have apparently been the cause for my knee trouble. If only someone had realised sooner, right?

So here we are, my CT scan is in 2 days time and this will determine which operation they will perform on both hips

Until next time......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The physical and mental strain, post op.

Painkillers, friend or foe?

Get well soon